When preparing desserts, those recipes are always preferred that are, as well as delicious, quick, and easy to make. Among these is the sponge cake in the microwave.
Although it is not believed, the microwave is one of the few appliances that can be used for other tasks besides heating and reheating food, allowing the preparation of simple meals.
This appliance is capable of providing high and constant temperatures which can be used for closed preparations.
It is also perfect for those preparations where the food does not have to be removed or put on the fire for hours to cook.
What to consider when preparing a cake in the microwave?
Preparing the microwave
Before preparing any recipe in the microwave, it is important to carry out a previous preparation to favor the best cooking:
- Clean the microwave
- Determine the capacities of time, power, and space.
- Choose the materials that will be used. We will preferably choose utensils intended for the microwave, such as glass cake tins, paper towels, cling film, and cooking bags.
The selection of ingredients
There is a large number of preparations and ingredients available.
However, when it comes to preparing a sponge cake dessert in the microwave, it is important to use foods and ingredients with certain characteristics:
- They need to be cooked in less than five minutes.
- They must have the ability to make the cake fluffy.
- They should be low in calories to preserve health.
How to cook a cake in the microwave
To cook an excellent and delicious cake in the microwave, you just need the right ingredients and utensils.
- 1 tablespoon of pure cocoa or dark chocolate to melt (30 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter at room temperature (10 g)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons of warm milk (30 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour, leavening or all-purpose (45 g)
- 1 pinch of yeast
- 2 containers suitable for microwave cooking
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 scale
Method of preparation
- First, we will prepare pure chocolate or cocoa. With the help of a spoon or the scale, we will take the necessary 30 grams.
- Then, we will melt it in the microwave for 40 seconds, inside one of the containers suitable for cooking.
- Afterward, we will add the butter to the chocolate and mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- We will add the whole eggs and milk to the previous mixture, keeping the movement constant so as not to affect the consistency.
- In the remaining container, we will sift the wheat flour together with the sugar and yeast.
- We will mix them with a spoon and then add them to the chocolate mixture. We will mix gently to integrate all the ingredients.
- Next, and with the help of scissors, we will open three holes in the base of each container intended for cooking: this will help the circulation of air and steam inside and outside it.
In this way, we will get our sponge cake in the microwave to remain soft.
- We will distribute the mixture of the cake in equal quantities, up to half of each glass to obtain cakes of the same size; they must be able to grow without the risk of overflowing without having enough space.
Read Also: Three delicious recipes with lentils
Read Also: Cereal bars, recipe to make them at home
The moment of cooking
Before baking the cake in the microwave, we will put a napkin on the plate: in addition to preventing it from getting dirty, it will also help the sponge cake to swell quickly.
- Next, we will select the maximum microwave power.
- The time will not be greater than a minute and a half or two, with an average power; afterward, we will remove the glasses from the appliance and put them in a warm place.
- Then, we will turn them, without dismembering them, and let them rest for three minutes. This technique is recommended to allow for heat retention inside the container and cake.
In this way, we promote cooking of the same with residual heat, even after having removed it from its source. Another advantage of the technique for this type of recipe is to avoid overcooking.
- Finally, after letting them rest for the necessary time, we will remove the small cakes from their container.
This way we will have finished preparing our delicious chocolate dessert.
In addition to enjoying the soft and spongy texture that characterizes the sponge cake, we will have prepared our cakes in the microwave quickly and efficiently.