We give you the recipe and we explain how to make Philadelphia cheesecake. It’s very easy and it’s a really flavorful dessert.
Philadelphia cheesecake (or another brand) is one of the easiest cheesecake varieties to make. Unlike the fresh cheese recipe, the Philadelphia cheesecake is characterized by a creamy texture and a touch of acidity that make it special.
At the time of preparing it, there was a small mishap with the scale, so it was necessary to improvise and that is why today we offer you this recipe of Philadelphia cheesecake without measures or grams. However, the official measures will be indicated for those wishing to prepare it in this way. Now hands… in the dough.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 gr of Philadelphia cheese (if the packages are 150 gm it is fine if you use 3)
- 1 glass (of water ) of sugar – 150gm
- 1 glass of milk – 150ml
- 4 heaping tablespoons of flour – 80 gm
- 1 egg
- 1 glass of melted butter – 150 gm
Ingredients for the shortcrust pastry
- 1 packet of digestive biscuits
- 1 ½ glass of milk
Philadelphia cheesecake preparation
First, you need to prepare the shortcrust pastry and then, while cooking in the oven, you can prepare the topping.
- Take the pan on which to make the cake and cover it with butter and flour, so that the dough doesn’t stick.
- Heat one and a half glasses of milk and pour it into a large bowl. Break a packet of digestive biscuits into the milk and let them soften for a few minutes.
- When the dough is homogeneous, cover the bottom of the pan with it.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 150 degrees.
Now prepare the cheese topping.
- In a (large) bowl, beat an egg. Add the melted butter (you can melt it in the microwave) and the sugar. Beat with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Philadelphia, the flour, and the glass of milk. You may need the blender to prevent lumps from forming.
- Pour the mixture on the pan, over the puff pastry, and bake for 30 minutes at 170 degrees.
- After 30 minutes, you must check that the mixture is cooked by inserting the tip of a knife or fork. If it is clean, the cake is ready, otherwise, keep it in the oven for another 10 minutes at a very low temperature or with the oven off.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool and cover the top with blueberry or raspberry jam.