Let’s find out how to alleviate the symptoms of menopause thanks to herbal teas and natural infusions that are easy and quick to prepare.
Menopause does not come suddenly, but sometimes it catches you unprepared; the first symptoms are associated with other problems: fatigue, classic insomnia, etc.
Furthermore, there is no pre-established age in which we can expect with certainty the arrival of this phase. There are women who suffer from premature menopause and others who, on the contrary, can enjoy a few more years of the protective action of female hormones.
In general, between the ages of 45 and 50, the first symptoms of menopause begin to appear, including sweating, anxiety, a sense of suffocation. In this phase of life, medical support will be of great help; some natural herbal teas that help alleviate the symptoms of menopause may also provide relief.
We advise you to take note.
1. St. John’s wort
St. John’s wort or St. John’s wort is a very useful medicinal plant in menopause, especially for treating problems related to mood changes, sadness, irritability.
- Internal use is recommended in the treatment of anxiety, digestive problems, irritable bowel, capillary fragility, and other ailments.
- It can be taken in the form of an infusion or by applying its essential oil locally.
- It is a plant rich in tannin with antiseptic action, as well as vitamins.
- St. John’s wort contains hypericin, an active ingredient with antidepressant properties, useful for improving mood in case of slight depression or temporary weakening. In the case of more serious emotional problems such as severe depression, St. John’s wort is of no use.
- You can take St. John’s wort in the form of oil, in this case, the necessary amount will be 3 ml per day, or you can make an infusion with 5 grams of this herb, dry, in a glass of water (200 ml).
- If you are already taking sleeping medications, antidepressants, or antacids, it is not recommended to drink this tea, at least on a regular basis.
Read Also: Homemade smoothies to improve memory
Licorice contains a substance called glycerine which has the power to regulate estrogen in our body and thereby relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- Licorice is a good source of magnesium, vitamin C, calcium, flavonoids, and beta-carotene, very useful for relieving fatigue, mood swings, or mild depression.
- Thanks to its active ingredient, able to act as natural estrogen, licorice helps to compensate for the decrease in natural hormones.
- To enjoy its virtues, it is necessary to take an infusion with 3 grams of licorice powder in a glass of water every day.
3. Infusion of passionflower and valerian
- Passionflower improves performance, regulates the sleep cycle, and acts as a muscle relaxant.
- Passionflower can be mixed with valerian: in this way, the treatment will be even more complete and you will be able to enjoy a deeper restful sleep.
- Furthermore, the combination of the two plants can relieve menopause symptoms such as headaches, feelings of malaise caused by anxiety and rebalances the heart rhythm.
- You can drink valerian and passionflower tea one hour before going to sleep. Prepare an infusion with a glass of water (200 ml), two grams of valerian, and two grams of passionflower. Sweeten with a teaspoon of honey.
- Remember that if you are already taking medicines that contain benzodiazepines, this infusion is not for you.
4. Herbal teas to combat the symptoms of menopause
1. Infusion of lime
- The infusion with linden flowers is very suitable for treating night sweats and the sense of suffocation related to menopause.
- To prepare it, boil a glass of water (200 ml). Pour in 10 grams of lime blossom. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes and, if you want, sweeten with a little honey.
- Drink it an hour before bed to help relieve the symptoms of menopause.
2. Infusion of sage
- Known as a women’s plant, sage can become your daily ally against many of the symptoms of menopause, especially night sweats.
- One of the best ways to benefit from this is to heat a liter of water. When it boils, add 20 grams of sage leaves. Turn off and let it rest for about twenty minutes. You can sweeten it with a little honey and the juice of half a lemon. Drink this herbal tea after meals for three days in a row. Stop for a week and start over.
3. Infusion of witch hazel
- Witch hazel is another valuable plant that helps you enjoy a good, restful sleep, prevent choking and sudden sweating attacks.
- Take it an hour before going to sleep. To obtain a good infusion, simply add 10 grams of dried leaves to a glass of water (200 ml). Sweeten with honey and enjoy a peaceful night.