New gastronomic trends combine delicious flavors with a balanced diet so that health and pleasure go hand in hand. Discover with us a simple recipe to make a light strawberry and almond mousse, without dairy products or sugar.
It is a dessert made from healthy fats, without sugar, without flour, and without dairy products, delicate and tasty.
A light dairy-free mousse
Mousse recipes usually involve preparation with cream or milk cream, ingredients that give flavor and creaminess to any dessert.
However, we can find light alternatives that are also suitable for those who are lactose intolerant, for those who do not want to overdo it with fats or do not eat dairy products.
In this recipe, we are going to replace dairy products with almond milk, which is soft, creamy, and very nutritious. We can buy it or do it ourselves.
The problem with most sweets is that they contain too much sugar.
White sugar is considered a very harmful product for our health, as it alters, acidifies, and decalcifies the body, and this can lead to many ailments of all kinds.
Today we have many alternatives to white sugar, we can try several to find different types of sweetness and textures for each recipe:
- Raw cane sugar
- Bee honey
- Agave syrup
- Molasses from cereals
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
The advantages of the light strawberry and almond mousse
Strawberry is a very suitable fruit for any healthy diet, because it is low in sugar, calories and fat, and has diuretic properties that help us fight the water retention that causes bloating and overweight.
They are also rich in vitamin C, folic acid, manganese, iodine, and potassium.
Thanks to these nutritional values, eating strawberries routinely allows us to regulate blood cholesterol levels, prevent osteoporosis, fight constipation and improve vision.
The almond is a great fruit to be consumed at any age, as it provides many nutrients, protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
Even though it contains a lot of calories, these are converted into a large energy supply. Almonds are not contraindicated in cases of overweight if eaten in moderation, at the rate of a handful a day.
In addition, almonds are rich in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects us from aging, both outside and inside.
The almonds will make the mousse creamy, making us avoid using dairy products in this recipe.
Light strawberry and almond mousse: the recipe
Here is the recipe to prepare the light strawberry and almond mousse.
- 1 cup of raw almonds (150 g)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of refined liquid stevia (30 ml)
- 3 cups of strawberries (510 g)
Note: It is recommended to use organic strawberries because if they are not grown naturally they tend to contain many pesticides that penetrate inside the fruit through the delicate external pores.
- A few hours before making this recipe, soak the raw almonds to activate them, so they are more digestible and easier to cook.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks and whisk the first until stiff, until a creamy foam is obtained. Set it aside.
- Dip the almonds in a glass of water for at least a minute, then blend them to obtain a fairly thick cream.
- Add the stevia and strawberries and continue to blend. At this point, you can taste the preparation and see if you can sweeten it a little more because it will depend on your tastes and the sweetness of the fruit.
- Then very gently incorporate the whipped egg whites into the fruit smoothie, mixing both preparations without reducing the size of the egg whites.
- Put the cream in glasses or other containers you want to use, cover them, and put them in the refrigerator.
- You must wait at least 24 hours before consuming the light strawberry and almond mouse so that it has the proper consistency.